For more detailed information on these new features, please review the full release notes .
- Media Streaming from Content Handler. The content handler can now stream video and audio files to VirtualViewer so the viewer can start playing them before they are fully loaded from the content store. By providing the viewer with a continuous stream, the content handler ensures that the media displays immediately after being selected.
- Configurable Document Viewed Indicator. A blue checkmark can now be added to a thumbnail image on the document list. This feature can be utilized to indicate documents that have been viewed in the current session or documents that the user has not yet opened.
- Improved Search of Large PDFs. Performance of text search on very long PDF documents (more than one hundred pages) has significantly improved. The performance increase is most notable while searching for text that is uncommon or non-existent on the document.
- New Print Features. Documents can now be printed with contents scaled to “fit to page” regardless of their initial size.
- Font Configuration for HTML File Format. When HTML files require a font source to be set manually, the viewer will attempt to use a font from a configured location and then will substitute a font if no appropriate file is found.
- Enabling Pan Tool With Scrollbars. The pan tool allows users to scroll a document by clicking and dragging on the image pane.
Thank you for your interest in VirtualViewer.
Your Snowbound Product Team
- Read Full Release Notes – Access more detailed information about the features in v5.6.
- Try The Online Demo – Test drive the viewer and all of its new features.
- Free Trial Evaluation – Request an evaluation to test out the latest version.
- Read the Manuals – Get information and samples to help you get up and running quickly
- Release Notifications RSS Feed
- Release Notifications Twitter account