RasterMaster® supports all major document and image formats to deliver the most comprehensive imaging tools available on the market. Our SDKs deliver a variety of standard features and functions as well as industry-specific options to meet all of your imaging requirements.
For more comprehensive information on RasterMaster features, please consult our manuals.
Click a feature to expand the section for more information.
- Smart APIs that allow each imaging function to operate on input of any format - no need for format specific API calls
- Powerful APIs for decompression, viewing, compression, conversion, printing, scanning and saving
- Anti-aliasing — for optimal display of documents and images
- Fit to height or width
- Flip X and Y Rotation in hundredth degrees or in 90 degree increments
- Scrolling — high speed
- Display brightness, contrast and gamma correction
- Display functions including zoom, rubber band zoom, pan and scroll
- Aspect ratio correction
- Auto detection of document and image formats
- Automatic pixel depth conversion
- Automatic color detection – identifies pages that are not using color so they can be saved in black and white to improve performance and save space
- Convert in memory for higher speeds
- Crop, paste and merge
- Deskew and Despeckle image cleanup to remove noise from images without blurring edges
- Scale-to-gray resizing for 1bit images
- Bicubic interpolation resizing for color images
- Border removal
- Color reduction
- Dithering functions
- Image processing (Contrast, brightness, gamma correction)
- API for drawing freehand or use standard ellipses (filled or regular), line, arrows, polygons (filled or regular), or rectangles (filled, highlighted, or regular)
- Insert bitmaps
- Merge the annotation with the image (“burn in” annotations and redactions)
- Create multiple annotation layers (useful for securing data and information)
- Redact - through filled rectangle (permanent or temporary partial image removal)
- Apply watermarks such as date and time stamp, confidential disclaimers, and more either manually or through an automated function
- Ability to resize objects and the annotation will remain linked with the underlying image
- Rotate annotation data
- Add sticky notes with text edit capability
- Save annotations as separate files or merge them into a document permanently
- Ability to read, edit and save IBM FileNet and Brava annotations
Please note all annotation and extraction functionality is standard in our SDKs. No additional cost is required.
- Rotate, Zoom, Flip, and Invert - Manipulate the image in a variety of ways, including rotating in hundredth degrees or 90 degree increments
- Crop and Resize - Easily remove a region of the image or change the entire size
- Add Cartoon Bubbles – easily insert comic speech bubbles to photos
- Deskew, Despeckle, and Sharpen - Clean-up images and make basic corrections by removing noise without blurring edges
- Adjust Brightness, Contrast, and Gamma - Use picture controls to enhance images for better viewing or special effects
- Apply Imaging Filters - Convert color images to grayscale or antique (sepia tones)
- Remove Red Eye and Border - Make your photos look professional
- Add Annotations - Rubber stamps, redaction capabilities, highlighting, “sticky notes”, and more.
In addition to the extensive set of standard features, additional optional enhancements are available for RasterMaster to further extend the functionality of the toolkit.
To meet the needs of customers who require access to Twain devices (including cameras or scanners) from within a Java or .NET applet or application, Snowbound provides a Twain scanning option to work with RasterMaster. For RM Java, this option includes a Windows resident DLL that interfaces between the Java client and the Twain device allowing control of the scanner.