VirtualViewer v5.0 for Java is now available. This major release features significant speed and performance enhancements for processing large documents, as well as a new user interface with an intuitive design.
- VirtualViewer HTML5 v5.0 significantly improves the processing and load times of MS Office documents, including docx, xlsx, and pptx files. Most noticeably, large files now load at very fast speeds thanks to the viewer caching layout information so the processing only needs to be done once regardless of whether the first or final page of a document has been requested.
New User Interface Design
- The viewer has been updated with a sleek, new modern design that is more intuitive and responsive for users. Icons are now displayed as an icon font, rather than individual images loaded by URL. This enhancement speeds up the loading time of the viewer and provides a smoother user experience.
- A new tab in the thumbnail pane lists metadata for the annotations in a document, including the type of the annotation, the page that contains it, and its creation and most-recent modification details. The information is updated live as the user creates, deletes, and modifies annotations which streamlines document collaboration.
Expanded Font Support
- Users now have the ability to add specific font files to the viewer without having to install the fonts on the entire server.
- Read Full Release Notes – Access more detailed information about the features in v5.0.
- Try The Online Demo – Test drive the viewer and all of its new features.
- Download Latest VirtualViewer – Request an evaluation to test out the latest version.
- Read the Manuals – Get information and samples to help you get up and running quickly
- Release Notifications RSS Feed
- Release Notifications Twitter account
VirtualViewer v5.0 for .NET will be out later in the year.
Thank you for relying on Snowbound for all your document viewing and conversion needs.
Erick Bolden, Support Manager